Town of Northbridge
First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed
Date: March 28, 2020
This morning, the Northbridge Board of Health was notified of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Town of Northbridge.
The identity of this individual cannot be released. Public health officials will identify contacts of this case-patient and will notify those individuals of their exposure so that they will take protective measures.
This comes as the number of cases in Massachusetts is rising rapidly; on Friday, 823 new cases were identified in Massachusetts, bringing the total in Worcester County to 219, and in the state to 3240.
So that we may protect the health and safety of our community, we strongly urge ALL residents to adopt the following measures:
- Follow the “Stay at Home” advisory issued by Governor Baker on March 23rd;
- Practice social distancing by avoiding groups of ten or more people and keeping a distance of six feet from others;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer, and use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available;
- Cover coughs and sneezes, throw tissues away and wash your hands immediately afterward; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
More information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are available on the town’s new webpage www.northbridgemass.org.
The health and safety of residents and the community are the top priority of all town officials. By working together and supporting each other we will meet this challenge.