Dryer Fire Safety
Doing laundry is most likely part of your everyday routine. But did you know how important taking care of your clothes dryer is to the safety of your home? With a few simple tips you can help prevent a clothes dryer fire.
Dryer Fire Prevention Tips
- Clean the filter screen after each load to prevent lint buildup, which can cause fires.
- An adult should be at home whenever the dryer is in use and the home should have working smoke alarms.
- Clean the vents outside twice a year to clean out any accumulated dust and lint.
- Commercial dryers should be cleaned out regularly because of their frequent use and shared venting system.
- Don’t dry mop heads in the dryer. The dryer’s heat can ignite the chemical residue on mop heads.
- Keep the surrounding area clean. The dryer’s heat may ignite anything left too close to the dryer.
More information can be found here.