Download “Burn and Scald Prevention Flyer”burn_and_scald_prevention_flyer.pdf – Downloaded 861 times – 174.64 KB
Prevent burns and scalds in the kitchen:
- Place objects so that they cannot be pulled down or knocked over.
- Turn pot handles away from the stove’s edge.
- Use dry oven mitts or potholders. Hot cookware can heat moisture in a potholder or hot pad, resulting in a scald burn.
- Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves when cooking.
- Have a “kid-free zone” of at least 3 feet around the stove.